Tuesday 14 August 2012

Had a day off today so Mei dragged me off to the supermarket

Had a day off today so Mei dragged me off to the supermarket

Aug 14 2012, Written by : John Currin

 

Since I have been here in China the range of groceries has improved, just wish New Zealand would do more and sell their products to China but anyway an assortmant of goodies we bought today included Cheese from Australia, milk from New Zealand, biscuits from Spain and France, Weetabix from England (has now been bought by China), Cereal from Canada, Steak and lamb from Australia, beer from Holland, crispbread from Germany, soda water from Thailand, orange juice from the USA, peanut oil from China and some other bits and pieces such as Colgate toothpaste etc and all came to 608 Yuan or about NZ$120.00, a bit pricy because most of it was imported but I enjoy it and it keeps my large stomach happy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment